ProteinWise is a supplement company offering a variety of products to help you meet daily protein targets. Their lineup includes protein powders as well as pre-made shakes, bars, chips, cookies, and other high-protein snacks.
With so many protein brands on the market, does ProteinWise deliver quality and value? We evaluated the ingredients, taste, cost, and ProteinWise reviews from real customers to help you decide if their products deserve a spot in your routine.
Let’s dive right in.
Overview of ProteinWise Products
ProteinWise started as a way for dieters at medical weight loss clinics to access protein-rich meal replacements and foods. The brand has expanded to offer a range of products:
- Protein Powders: Whey, plant, egg, and beef protein powders. Available in popular flavors like cake batter and banana cream.
- Pre-Made Shakes: Pre-portioned shakes in chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry flavors. Offer easy protein on the go.
- Protein Bars: Supplement bars with 15g or more protein. Flavors include chocolate crisp, salted caramel, and blueberry muffin.
- High Protein Snacks: Chips, popcorn, nuts, jerky, and other savory snacks boosted with extra protein.
- Protein Cookies and Dessert Bars: Treats like chocolate chip cookie dough and birthday cake flavored bars that provide protein.
No matter your needs, ProteinWise likely offers a product to help you meet daily protein targets. But are their products worth the investment? Let’s explore further.
ProteinWise Reviews: What Customers Have to Say
In addition to examining the ingredients, it’s important to look at real-world ProteinWise reviews from customers on how the products perform.
ProteinWise products generally earn positive marks for their taste, quality, and convenience:
- On their website, customers praise the rich chocolate flavor and satisfaction of the protein bars. One reviewer wrote “These have a nice rich chocolate flavor. It curbed my sweet tooth and still kept me full between meals.”
- ProteinWise reviews on Amazon mention the bars tasting like candy bars, with one customer writing “Felt like an actual candy bar, great treat when trying to stay focused on healthy eating.”
- Reviews on third-party sites like CherryPicksReviews.com mention the quality of ingredients and ProteinWise’s commitment to customer service.
There are some negative reviews related to taste and texture:
- Certain flavors of powders and bars have reviews mentioning chalky or off-tastes.
- Some customers felt the texture of the bars was too hard or dry.
There are also complaints about customer service responsiveness on sites like US-Reviews.com, though these seem to be in the minority.
Reviews of Top Products
Looking at ProteinWise’s top sellers, the protein bars receive positive marks, especially fan favorites like the Birthday Cake Bar:
- Multiple ProteinWise reviews on Amazon mention the Birthday Cake Bars taste just like a real cake. The bar contains 15g of protein and under 5g of sugar.
- The Salted Caramel Pretzel Bar is praised for its sweet and salty flavor. It provides 15g of protein and 6g of fiber.
- Reviewers say the Cookie Dough bar tastes like edible cookie dough with 15g protein and no added sugar.
ProteinWise’s pre-made shakes also rate well for their indulgent flavors akin to desserts. Overall, ProteinWise reviews indicate that the high-protein products are made with more palatable tastes and textures compared to some competitors. However, experiences vary individually depending on preferences.
Do ProteinWise Products Work?
With protein being the main focus of their product line, it’s important to evaluate whether ProteinWise uses quality sources to deliver results.
ProteinWise incorporates whey protein isolate and concentrates in their powders. Whey is one of the most scientifically studied protein sources. According to sports dietitian Willow Jarosh, “Numerous studies prove whey protein stimulates muscle protein synthesis.”
Research shows that whey is quickly digested and absorbed, providing amino acids that effectively support muscle repair and growth after exercise. “Whey’s high bioavailability makes it ideal for post-workout recovery,” adds dietitian Monica Auslander.
For vegetarian and vegan customers, ProteinWise uses pea and soy protein in their plant-based powders. “Plant proteins like pea offer similar muscle-building benefits to whey,” Auslander says.
Studies confirm soy and pea protein are comparable to whey for building muscle. They also supply fiber lacking in animal proteins.
ProteinWise’s egg protein powder provides an option free of dairy and common allergens. Egg protein contains all the essential amino acids needed to support lean muscle mass. Research shows egg protein builds muscle similarly to whey when consumed post-workout.
ProteinWise also offers pre-made egg scramble mixes containing egg protein, such as their Cheese & Chive and Cheddar & Bacon flavors. These provide a quick high-protein breakfast or snack.
Beef protein is a newer powder gaining popularity. Early clinical trials indicate beef protein stimulates muscle protein synthesis much like whey and casein protein. More research is still needed, but initial findings are promising.
ProteinWise also incorporates beef protein into products like their Beef Bouillon Protein Soup and Beef with Pasta Protein Soup. These provide an easy way to add beef protein to your diet.
In summary, ProteinWise primarily uses proven protein sources like whey, egg, soy, and pea protein with established benefits for building and maintaining muscle. Based on the evidence, their products can effectively help you meet daily protein goals when consumed consistently.
ProteinWise tries to deliver indulgent flavors in products like:
- Cookies and Cream Bars
- Cinnamon Roll Protein Powder
- Maple Pancake Protein Shakes
Here’s what customers say in their ProteinWise reviews about the taste:
“These high protein bars taste like you’re indulging in a treat. My favorite flavor is peanut butter chocolate.”
“The shakes taste like old-fashioned banana pudding. So yummy!”
“Some protein powders have a chalky taste but the chocolate powder is rich and smooth.”
ProteinWise reviews indicate the company succeeded in making many of its products taste more like desserts than supplements. However, individual taste preferences will always vary.
Are ProteinWise Products Expensive?
ProteinWise aims to offer quality without overinflating costs. Their prices stack up well against competitors:
- Their whey protein powder only costs $31.99 per 44 servings. Comparable proteins from Optimum Nutrition or Dymatize run $50-60.
- You can buy a 12-pack of pre-made shakes for $39.99. The same quantity of similar Fairlife shakes costs $59.99.
- A 20-pack of protein bars starts at $24.99, very reasonable for this category.
ProteinWise also provides free shipping on orders over $100 along with discounts for large orders and subscriptions. Overall their products deliver good value, though prices may be prohibitive for some budgets.
ProteinWise Pros and Cons
Here are the main upsides and downsides we found for ProteinWise:
- Quality protein sources like whey, plant, egg, and beef
- Products support muscle recovery after exercise
- Bars and snacks are high in protein with delicious flavors
- More affordable than many competing brands
- Generous discounts and promotions are available
- Some complaints about the taste of certain products
- Lean ingredients compared to competitors
- Potentially expensive depending on the user’s budget
While there are some mixed critiques on taste and price to consider, ProteinWise reviews are generally positive,
Our Verdict on ProteinWise
Based on extensive research of ingredients, cost, taste, and ProteinWise reviews from customers, we recommend giving ProteinWise a try. Their varied protein options appeal to different diets and needs.
While the powders offer no-frills formulas focused on quality protein, the snacks earn rave ProteinWise reviews for providing indulgent flavors in a high-protein vehicle. These products make a healthier substitute for candy and other sweets.
We suggest sampling single-serve packets or smaller sizes first to identify your favorite flavors. Take advantage of discounts on the website to secure the best deals.
Overall ProteinWise provides a range of good products to help you meet daily protein goals. Their offerings can fit into diet and fitness programs for pros and amateurs alike.
Tips for Buying Protein Products
- Pick products that align with your fitness goals. Are you looking for muscle gain, weight loss or just extra protein?
- Consider any dietary needs or restrictions. Whey and plant proteins work for different diets.
- Prioritize taste. It’s crucial for enjoyment and consistency. Sample flavors to determine your favorites.
- Compare cost per serving. This helps identify the best value products for your budget.
- Look for promotions. Sales, coupons, and rewards programs make protein more affordable.
Final Takeaway on ProteinWise
ProteinWise offers quality protein powders, bars, shakes, and snacks to suit a range of fitness goals and diets. While prices run on the lower end, those on tight budgets may still find the products expensive.
With delicious flavors and decent value for the ingredients, ProteinWise products deserve consideration alongside similar offerings from Optimum Nutrition, Dymatize, Fairlife, and other leading brands.